Monday, August 25, 2008

Europe's Advantage

You want your video games same time as everyone else, Europe? Here's SCEE president David Reeves to tell you that being last is an advantage, "when everything's ironed out in the end".

“People say, ‘Well, why do we always get things last? Why can’t we say things?’
Well, I’ve said this many times before: sometimes it’s an advantage to be last in
Europe, you know, when everything’s ironed out.

“This time, we do have things to say in the European [market]. We have the music
service, and we’re doing great things on SingStar and there’s more to come. These
are global announcements."

That make you feel better?

Source: VG247


T.J.'s Response:

You know the saying "nice guys finish last"? Well apparently Europe are the nice guys when it comes to getting video games.

Not so sure about that one. It's hard enough for me, living in America, to suffer the wait for a game after it's release in Japan; I couldn't imagine waiting even longer after that. I know Europe does get some games that America never gets, but they don't appeal to me so it doesn't seem worth it to me.

There you go Europe, you nice guys you. While I'm playing my copy of Chrono Trigger DS in November, it'll be with the nagging thought that you guys have the advantage when it comes out sometime in 2009. You lucky dogs.

Tim's Response:
Having lived in Australia for the first 17 years of my life I don't think Sony understands that Singstar and a handful of other games that come out first or are exclusive to the other regions don't make up for having to wait 6 months on AAA titles.

No comments: